A lightweight isometric game library for jQuery.
Why call it axono.me?
axono.me renders simulated 3D worlds in what most people would describe as “isometric”. An isometric projection is just one of a few types of axonometric projections. axono.me seemed like a clever name with an available domain name to match.
- Every line of code started with a failing Screw.Unit test.
- Works with jQuery as a jQuery plugin normally, but doesn’t require jQuery.
- [A](http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A_search_algorithm) (a-star) is a simple and effective algorithm used in tons of games.
- Any player object you add can answer questions about where it is and where’s it’s going.
- Layers - drop grids on top of grids.
I ended up with a fairly simple yet capable pure JS and HTML isometric grid engine with a comprehensive test suite.