I love this list of 100 Things We Didn’t Know this Time Last Year.
I’ve been seeing little snippets around the web of these 100 things, but this is the first time I’ve seen the full list. Some of my favorites:
19. The collective noun for rhinos is “crash”.
42. Running a car costs the average motorist £101 a week, according to the RAC.
47. A “jiffy” is 10 milliseconds in computer science terms.
97. Matt Groening’s father – the inspiration for Homer Simpson – has only complained once about his alter-ego’s actions. It was an episode in which Homer badgered Marge into walking some considerable distance on a hot day to fetch him something.
100. Bill Clinton sent just two e-mails while he was president.